The church in Dupont was originally established as a mission of Mater Dolorosa Church in Plaucheville in 1935. The first church was built in the small community out of scrap lumber collected from other building projects.
In January, 1945, Bishop Desmond established the church as an independent parish. Fr. Vernon Bordelon was named the first pastor. Additional land was purchased from Mrs. Arthur Guillory for a parish cemetery. A new church was built with help from the Catholic Extension Society in the1960's and blessed by Bishop Greco.
The first parish hall was built in 1950 and became the center for youth activities in the parish. In February, 1985, the parish hall was destroyed as sparks from a trash fire spread to the structure. In 1995, a grotto was built to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the parish. Bishop Jacobs together with 27 priests from 3 dioceses celebrated a special mass ofthanksgiving together with hundreds of parishioners.
In 2004, the old rectory was torn down and a new metal building replaced the old hall.