Under the administration of Bishop Charles P. Greco, Our Lady of Sorrows Church was established in 1946. At that time, the Rev. Stanley J. DeKeuwer was assigned to the nearby Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Moreauville. Our Lady of Sorrows was established for the Black Catholics of the area at that time in history and placed under the care of the Holy Ghost Fathers. A priest of the Congregation of the Holy Cross also served the parish in the 1970's. A parish school was opened in 1949 and remained open until 1970.
-From the Diocesan Archives
Call the office to arrange for preparatory classes and scheduling of the baptism.
Contact the pastor at least four months prior to the wedding date to begin marriage preparation. The time and date of a wedding is subject to the approval of the pastor.
Confession prior to Masses and by appointment.
Knights of Peter Claver and Ladies Auxiliary Council and Court 202
Grand Knight - Oscar Goody
Granda Lady - Colette Wright
Jr. Daughter Counselor - Beverly Harris