St. Frances Cabrini Church is a large family-oriented church. We are accommodating to young and old alike and everyone in between. We have an organization for just about everyone. Some of our organizations include the Elementary Youth Group (God’s Gang), the Junior High Youth Group (The Edge), the High School Youth Group (Lifeteen), the Sanctuary Society, the Knights of Columbus and the St. Anne’s Guild. We offer Vacation Bible School during the summer months, a nursery during the 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Masses, CCD on the second Wednesday of every month (Sept. – April) along with the Parish Supper (Sept. – May). We have an RCIA program for adults and an RCIA program for children. If you enjoy singing, we have a choir for the 11 a.m. Mass on Sundays and the Praise and Worship Band plays for the 6:15 Mass on Sundays. We offer Bingo on Saturday evenings after the 4:30 p.m. Mass. In addition to all of the organizations, we also have a school. St. Frances Cabrini School is for ages Pre-K-8.
St. Frances Cabrini Church has a Schoenstatt Rosary Group which meets once a month to say the rosary. We are also in the process of forming a vocations club and getting the Elijah Cup going!
Elementary, Junior High and High School Youth Groups: Call Mark Aycock or Denise Cobb at 445-4588
Parish Choir: Thursdays at 7 p.m. Sept. –May. Call Mary M. deVille at 445-4588
Boy Scouts/Cub Scouts: Call Emile Oestriecher at 448-3556 for Boy Scouts. Call Phil Durocher 321-1305 for Cub Scouts
Brownies: Call Angie Hidalgo at 561-6088 or Angela Hawthorne at 449-4948
Sanctuary Society: Call Linda Kieffer at 473-0578
Knights of Columbus: Call Grand Knight Michael Waits at 446-3596
Prayer Line: Call Norris Riche at 445-9960
St. Anne’s Guild: Call Louise Brisbois at 445-0489 if you would like more information or to join this meaningful ministry.
St. Frances Cabrini Church was established on August 31, 1947 when the first Mass was celebrated in what was formerly Chapel No. 1436 of Camp Claiborne. The first past of St. Frances Cabrini Church was Father Michael Prevot .
After the untimely death of Father Prevot, the parish was served by Pastors Msgr. Gerard J.Ducote, Msgr. Martin J. Tyrrell, Father Bernard Zagst, Father Gerard Foley, Msgr Ronald Hoppe, Father Jose A. Robles Sanchez and the present pastor, Father Chad Partain.
Our present church building began construction in 1979 and was completed and dedicated by Bishop Lawrence P. Graves, on August 16, 1981.