Mailing Address: 119 Tally St, Campti LA 71411
A church dedicated to St. Joseph, was built at Trichel in 1890 by Fr. Anthony Piegay. From that time through 1911, the church was a mission of the Immaculate Conception Church in Natchitoches. But in 1911, it became a mission of Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church of Campti, Louisiana until present time.
During World War II, a vagrant spent the night in the old frame church and burned it down. Fr. George R. Carpentier begged for money and built the present brick church in 1944. The residence was built in 1978 which was used by the resident priest and the parish hall was erected in about October 1984.
Over the years, the parishioners of St. Joseph Church have been united as they cooperate together in caring for the buildings and grounds.