Each year hundreds of individuals volunteer for the conference, helping in various areas. Volunteers attend FREE but must register by the deadline! See below for a listing of all volunteer areas as well as volunteer requirements.
Code of Conduct Forms and any payments for extra t-shirts or Volunteer Housing are due before you arrive. Please contact our office with any questions. Code of Conduct Forms will be available here in 2013.
Background Screening Release Forms are also available for volunteers from within the Diocese of Alexandria, who need to update their previous Background Screening or who need to complete an initial Background Screening to fulfill their Safe Environment requirements.
WHO: All volunteers must be at least 19 years of age and complete a Volunteer Application and Code of Conduct form, signed by themselves and their pastor.
WHAT: Each year hundreds of individuals volunteer their time to serve the 2500+ participants and staff members. Volunteer opportunities include: Bookstore, Catering, Clean-up Crew, Confessions, Counselors, First Aid, Liturgy, Men's and Women's On-Campus Housing, Prayer Ministry, Production, Security, Transportation, and Ushers.
WHEN: The 2013 Conference will be held June 21 - 23. Volunteers are needed throughout the weekend, so please consider volunteering for even a few hours! Please note any time constraints on your volunteer application. Also, please arrive in enough time to meet the person in charge of your committee and receive any last minute instructions.
WHERE: The Conference will be held at the Riverfront Center. Please see the Volunteer Application or the Hotel Listing for available housing.
FEES and REQUIREMENTS: All volunteers attend FREE but must meet the following requirements:
- All volunteers must be at least 19 years of age and complete a Volunteer Application and Code of Conduct form, signed by themselves and their pastor.
- Volunteer Applications and Code of Conduct forms are due by May 18th, 2012.
- Volunteers from the Diocese of Alexandria must also complete a VIRTUS Training (if not already completed) and a Background Screening (if not completed for the Diocese of Alexandria within the past 5 years).
PRAYER MINISTERS must also:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Attend a Prayer Ministry Training (listed on the Volunteer Application)
- Attend the Prayer Ministry meeting (TBA)
- Have previously attended a Steubenville Youth Conference and be familiar with ministry to young people
- Lend support to Group Leaders and chaperones when needed
- Intercede for the participants throughout the weekend and share any concerns with the Group Leader
RELIGIOUS, DEACONS, AND SEMINARIANS attending without a group must complete a Volunteer Application and submit it to the Conference Office by the deadline. All Religious, Deacons, and Seminarians attending with a group must register on-line as a chaperone. Please check with your Group Leader for more information.